Jenny's "Store Boughten" Sugar Cookies

My friend Jenny is always making me yummy treats - I think she's trying to fatten me up. Last week she brought me a plate of cookies that I thought were store bought: fluffy and flakey, perfectly cooked, and deliciously frosted. Needless to say, I ate the whole plate before my husband or kids knew they were even delivered. When I found out they were home-made I *had* to get the recipe!

1 c sugar
1/2 c butter
1 egg
3 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

Cream sugar and butter, add egg, then remaining ingredients and mix well. Roll to 1/4" thickness and cut with cookie cutters OR roll into a log, refrigerate until firm, then slice into rounds. Bake at 400* for 6-8 min. Cookies should not be browned. Frost.

FROSTING

1/2 c butter
1/2 tsp extract (vanilla, almond, peppermint, whatever!)
3 c powdered sugar
1/4 - 1/2 c milk

Cream butter. Add extract and mix. Add powdered sugar. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency.

*sidenote* Pet Peeve: people calling store bought things "boughten". Is that even a real word?