Dry Pancake Mix

My kids LOVE pancakes for breakfast, and I love the convenience of a mix that only requires adding water. I searched high and low for a recipe that would use my food storage and found this great site that I adapted our recipe from.
3 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used a 9-grain mix I love)
5 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 TBSPS baking powder
1 TBSP salt
1 TBSP baking soda
1 cup butter powder
1 1/4 cups whole egg powder
1 1/4 cups powdered milk

Grind the oats in a food processor until a semi-fine powder. In a large bowl (I used my largest Pampered Chef stainless steel bowl that holds 32 cups), combine all of the ingredients with a wooden spoon. Transfer your combined dry mix to a #10 can (it'll fit perfectly) or any other 13+ cup container with a lid.

To make, use a ratio of 1:1 (1 cup water to 1 cup mix). Let the wet mixture sit for about 10 minutes to allow the oats to soak up some of the water before you start making the pancakes.

No comments: