Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

I adapted this recipe from Paleo Diet Lifestyle. It was a super simple recipe and we always have these ingredients on hand, so I'll be making this again! I subbed out plain thyme for a seasoning mix I had on hand: Pizza Seasoning that had oregano, basil, marjoram, and garlic. I'm pretty sure any individual herb (thyme, basil, oregano), Italian seasoning, steak seasoning, or chicken seasoning would all make this dish tasty. Just make sure if you use a mix that has salt in it to taste the sauce before adding any extra salt.
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2-4 Tbsp seasoning (divided)
14 oz can of coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
4 oz sun-dried tomatoes (about 10-12 tomatoes), pureed
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 375. Season your chicken breasts with your seasoning (I didn't measure how much I sprinkled on the chicken), salt, and pepper. Bake until done (my 5 pieces baked in about 20 minutes).

Meanwhile, in a medium pot, combine coconut milk, chicken stock, and two tablespoons of seasoning mix and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and let sauce simmer until reduced by 1/3 (this took until about 10 minutes before the chicken was done). Remove from heat and allow to cool until you take the chicken out (about 10 minutes). Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as needed (I added about 1/2 tsp).

Serve the sauce over the chicken (you can see I'm not Paleo, so I also had the sauce over noodles).

No comments: