One Pan Beef Stew

Tonight I was looking for a quick beef stew that didn't call for potatoes. By *quick*, I mean: "It's 3:30 and dinner needs to be done by 5:30". This recipe from Paula Deen fit the bill (with a few alterations) and was delicious! I do think next time I'll sub out the water for stock and reduce the salt.

2 pounds stew beef
2 tablespoons oil
2 cups water or stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 medium onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Dash ground allspice or ground cloves
3 large carrots, sliced
3 ribs celery, chopped

Brown meat in hot oil. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and allspice. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.

Add carrots and celery. Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes longer.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

YUMMY! I am excited to try this!